Learn about Research & Clinical Trials
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Eligible Ages||N/A and Over|
- - Men and women with no age limitation.
- - Established histiological diagnosis of histiocytosis of langerhans cells.
- - HCLP-compatible clinical-radiological picture.
- - Signed informed consent.
- - Non-acceptance of informed consent.
- - Absence in clinical history of clinical, radiological and functional variables essential for the diagnosis of HLCP.
- - Psychiatric disorder or limitation for study compression (including language, socio-cultural problem, etc.).
- - Radiological findings suggestive of another chronic lung disease.
- - Active respiratory infection.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|Fundació Institut de Recerca de l'Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||N/A|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Langerhans Cell Histiocytoses|
The main objective of this study is to expand the genetic and pathophysiological knowledge of this disease. For this, the following points will be developed:
- - Identification of mutations in the B-RAF oncogene in Spanish patients with pulmonary LCHF.
- - Development of ultrasensitive genetic analysis methods capable of identifying mutations in B-RAF in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) samples.
- - To determine if patients with mutations in the B-RAF oncogene present distinct clinical, radiological and / or functional characteristics compared to those with absence of the mutation.
- - Characterization of the inflammatory profile of patients with HPCL.
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.